The San Angelo National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for Brown, Coleman, McCulloch, San Saba, Callahan and other counties in the Abilene and San Angelo areas through 7:00 pm on Monday, July 13.
All counties west of Brownwood are under the Excessive Heat Warning through Monday at 7:00 pm, possibly beyond that. Dangerously hot conditions with high temperatures in the 105 to 110 degree Fahrenheit range are predicted.
Counties east of Brownwood are in a Heat Advisory, temperatures still over 100, more humidity, very uncomfortable.
Extreme heat will significantly increase the potential for heat related illnesses, particularly for those working or participating in outdoor activities.
- Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside.
- When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or late evening.
- Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible.
- Never, ever leave children or pets alone in enclosed vehicles, not even for a few minutes.
- Make sure pets and livestock have a good supply of water.