Residents Displaced After Apartment Fire

At about 9:00 pm Wednesday night, the Brownwood Fire Department responded to an apartment fire at the Southside Village Apartments, Apartment 408, in south Brownwood.

According to Assistant Fire Chief James LeMond, the fire started in the kitchen area.  There was nobody at home at the time, however, some pets perished in the fire.  There were no injuries to fire personnel.  Residents of three other apartments were displaced due to smoke.  The Red Cross was called to assist the displaced residents.